The spread of the coronavirus and COVID-19 has been unprecedented. Since the primary reported cases dated to December 2019, it has become a global pandemic. Statistically speaking, by 12th May 2020, it had already infected more than 4 million people, resulting in more than 3,00,000 deaths worldwide. As a result of this, governments in every continent imposed restrictions on movement and lockdowns. It has severely affected almost every aspect of society, including the mailing service in Corona
Mailing services and long-term trends before the crisis
In this day and age, with digital substitution gathering pace, most of the types of communications, paperwork, and bills had been thankfully displaced to the digital environment.
At the same point in time, new opportunities have also been generated for post mailing operators, all thanks to the highly unprecedented growth of E-Commerce. Consequently, many mailing services operators have been adapting to business models and shifting their focus to parcels, financial services, and logistics.
Factors that might influence the evolution of mailing services from going forward
Among the most vital factors that might affect mailing service in Corona, one can mention the following evident ones:
- The occurrence of shocks on the side of supplies on the wide economy is any factor preventing the production activities from being completed. For example, shortages in the supply of men and labor.
- The resilience of exchanges done from a business to a business, particularly the stability of supply chains on a global network and sectors related to transportation. For example, aviation.
- The overall duration of public health measures includes the restrictions on the supply of nonessential public functions and restrictions on travel. This, in turn, depends, among other things, on the degree of the overall development of the health infrastructure of a country. For example, the availability of ventilators and beds in intensive care.
- The possibility of households and consumers to adopt digital alternatives, either to offline retail purchases or to postal services
- The level of development of mailing services of countries, in particular, the reliability of the postal operators, reach, resilience, and relevance.
COVID-19 struck approximately when the mailing sector was already tackling significant challenges. With the advent of Corona, it might take some time, but the mailing services sector will cover up all the situations soon.