Disability and domestic abuse is a toxic combination with heightened risks and additional barriers to reporting. The new Serious Crimes Act which received royal assent in March 2015, included criminalising coercive control for the first time. Coercive control concerns patterns of behaviour which cause mental and emotional harm rather than physical. These can include threats, intimidation, and [...]
f your work, organisation, service or activism involves providing services for lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans* survivors of domestic abuse, we would like to invite you to attend a national front line workers meeting.
A cross-party group of MPs, alongside LGBT Housing Association Stonewall Housing, have tabled an Early Day Motion highlighting the issue of domestic abuse in the LGBT community. In the run-up to the General Election we think it’s vital that everything be done to raise the profile of this issue, so we’d like to encourage everyone [...]
A free half day workshop which will focus on domestic abuse and housing in the festive period for LGB and T* people.
- National Day of Remembrance for victims of “honour” killings
- Job Vacancy at Brighton Rise
- Recruiting: Co-Facilitator Rape Crisis Evening Support Group for Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans women survivors
- HMIC are reviewing police responses to Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Abuse and Disability- An LGBT Perspective
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Follow @@lgbtdaf on Twitter