A cross-party group of MPs, alongside LGBT Housing Association Stonewall Housing, have tabled an Early Day Motion highlighting the issue of domestic abuse in the LGBT community. In the run-up to the General Election we think it’s vital that everything be done to raise the profile of this issue, so we’d like to encourage everyone [...]
The biggest barrier for survivors of domestic abuse is finding safe accommodation. If you would like to find out more about housing options for LGBT people, please come along to the Safe As Houses Conference – Friday 26th September : London. For more information, CLICK
This event has now passed.
Youth Chances report just published. Over 7,000 respondents under 25 took part. Initial finding found that : 29% of LGBTQ respondents reported domestic or familial abuse, compared to 25% of the heterosexual non trans group. Almost one in five (18%) LGBTQ young people have experienced some form of sexual abuse, compared with one in ten [...]
- National funding to support survivors
- Do we need a new way of working- supporting all LGBT* victim/survivors of violence and abuse.
- Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans Women’s Support Group
- Domestic Homicide Reviews and LGBT victims
- Finding Safe Spaces: Accommodation, Appropriateness and LGBT Rough Sleepers
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Follow @@lgbtdaf on Twitter